Monday, December 31, 2012

Rest, or something like it

My BFFGF recently asked me where I find rest.
I quickly recited my hearts hobbies:
writing, guitar, reading.
Then I wondered if I really found rest there,
or if I knew what rest really meant.
I thought about how I secretly long to be recognized for my hearts hobbies,
while simultaneously knowing such to be taboo.
Then I thought if I even partially think
I do or could do or long to do these things for others sake,
could my rest really lie there?
Or is it just a lie.
I think you don't give these thoughts much entertainment,
if the gesture is for rest.
And so ill cease to confess much more,
whether my writes are wrong or right.
I'll just simply continue to explore,
letting go of this debatable mystery
I'll let my rest be,
and let the rest be history.


No comments:

Post a Comment