Thursday, September 25, 2014

Make life sweet, a love ballad to my favorite beverages

I celebrate the sunrise every morning with 2 mugs of coffee, and the sunset every night with 2 mugs of beer.

Different types of mugs.

I fill em up and I sip em dry, both the same way.  1 sip at a time.

In the same ritualistic fashion- slowly.

When I was in 10th grade in Mr. Moberly's Drama class I did a monologue about how drinking black coffee makes you manly.  "You think Clint Eastwood ever took 2 sugars and a cream?  Of course not!  Cause Clint Eastwood is a man, and real men drink black coffee."



I admit I do drink black coffee most the time, and dark beer as well.  Maybe this makes up for the lack of power tools I own and the fact that I drive a Prius.  Not that I'm keeping score.

When it comes down to it, I just really enjoy coffee and beer.

One's hot and one's cold, but they both make me warm.

The funny thing is that I drink crap coffee.  I buy the biggest cheapest can I can find.  Well, I did until my wife started doing the grocery shopping.  Now I tell her to buy the biggest cheapest can she can find.  No fancy french press or whole beans, I'm too cheap for that.  I already gambled my amateur beer taste buds away.  Now that addiction costs me double.

No regrets, though.  I plan on upgrading my coffee standards in due time as well.  I'm only 28, I have to leave something to look forward to.  I've often thought that someday when I've really made it, I will even be a coffee shop local in the mornings.  "Oh hey billy-bob, I'll take the usual."  I'll be a regular and I'll have a usual, and sometimes instead of saying "the usual" I'll just say "the yoush."  Of course there will be a walk involved, maybe a dog.

Mama always told me to dream big.  Actually she didn't, but I've decided to anyways.

I wonder if other people think this way?  About their coffee?

I don't drink 2 beers every night, only when I'm alone.  Or with another beer drinker.  When Esther's not working I only drink 1.  She's more fun than a 2nd.

Of course as I approach age 30 I think I need to start exercising more.  I'm thinking about asking for a personal trainer for my 30th Birthday.  Need to create some good habits, you know?  I wonder if I'll have to sacrifice some beers?  That's okay.

I have to live long enough to become a coffee shop local someday.

Coffee and beer.

One wakes me up, and the other puts me to sleep, but they both keep me alive.

Pretentious, I know.  But it's the little things that make life sweet.




No comments:

Post a Comment