Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Thoughts on telemarketers

I used to put up w/ telemarketers justifying that maybe I could learn something from their techniques.  In reality I probably just didn't have the backbone to hang up.  I've finally gotten tired enough of them that now I simply and politely say, "No thanks, thanks anyways, Take care."  And then I hang up.  No matter what.

They almost always try and go into their next line or try and squeeze in 1 more question.  Their job is to get you to stay on the phone.  I don't have time for that crap, though.  No thanks, thanks anyways, take care.

I think a lot of time management falls into this same realm.  The countless distractions from Facebook to door knockers.  I'm not saying we shouldn't give someone the time of day, but if we don't have time for something, if there's something else we are needing to focus on- then it's OK to make what we have already committed to our priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment