Monday, August 20, 2012

Move, and the rest will be.


While running with my buddy Jertoven the other day, I had a jogging of the memory banks.  I was the 3rd leg of the race, standing off in my corner... waiting... thinking...  I was readying to run the 4 x 100 meter relay dash.  I was in the 9th grade.  I'll never forget when Joshua Hall, one of the upper classman walked by; he asked me what I was thinking about as the the botan began to make its way toward me... He asked if I was ever worried that I would drop the botan.
"No, I am never worried about the exchanging of the botan, but I'm always worried if I will remember how to move my legs", I said.  The most basic of initial actions is what honestly concerned me.  Would my mind and my legs remember how to communicate?  Would I remember how to move?  Joshua Hall thought that was weird, but I thought it was weird that he thought it was weird.  It's not that I had any qualms with foresight, but when it comes to those moments of required focus, all I could fathom to think about was the first step... If only I could live life more like a relay everyday.  That type of focus brings presence, and there's no present like the presence.  Move, and the rest will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment