Friday, August 31, 2012

Hang On


As frequently as we may wish to suck the marrow out of life, sometimes life shall undoubtedly suck the marrow out of us.  People die, and get sick, and get hit and twisted and cheated and raped and ripped off and pissed on.  Life is as vulgar as it is beautiful, sometimes.  And sometimes life is as beautiful as it is vulgar.  This teeter-totter fight frequents reality, always; only waiting for our subjective perspective to typically, seldom; fall to the realization of the reality of the constant bleakness of the depths of it all.  Suffering has not stopped for a heart beat since sin entered this world.  Yet it makes a world of difference when it enters our world.  What do we do for all of the suffering worlds around us in this world?  I think it is our duty, after an appropriate prayerful pause, to keep sucking the marrow out of life for all it is worth, for them and for everyone who can't go on.  And when I am 10 feet under, I hope you will suck some marrow for me, cause God knows I will need some, I shall surely need my share.  And then some.  And if I can breathe you yet one breathe easier, then Ill endure my beating gladly, cause I know some of us can't right now, and some of us couldn't, and the one who already has, for all, who has ended all, but not yet.  All shall be worth it.  At least tell me so, when I am trying to hang on.

No comments:

Post a Comment