Thursday, March 13, 2014

The first time I used my magic wand

Realtors have a magical key that gets them into any house in the entire world.  I've never seen Harry Potter, but I'm guessing the Realtor key is basically the equivalent of Harry's wand.

When I first got my Real Estate key I was extremely excited to put my snazzy new powers to use.  All I needed was someone to show houses to.

Fast forward a couple weeks, and Christmas had finally come in the form of a phone call from an old co-worker.

What!  You want me to show you a house?!

No... said Travis, I actually need you to let me into a house... my house... that's already for sale... that I'm locked out of.


Oh.

Now this wasn't the picturesque first magical key use I'd been dreaming of.  I even almost said no.



I did it though.  I went and let him in.  Because I'm a sucker.  Or I'm nice.  Maybe both...

Actually it was probably because Travis has always been good at making me laugh, and if that's not worth a favor, I don't know what is.

Travis was meeting someone at the house who was buying his old washer and dryer.  I even helped him carry the washer and dryer down the narrow angled stairs and worked up an extremely good sweat.

I didn't expect to get so sweaty the first time I showed a house.

It wasn't what I was hoping for, but it is what happened.  Which seems to be a trend in life.

It's not uncommon that expectations and reality don't match up.  Curve balls are probably the only thing I can be certain of for my future.  And as unnerving as that is, when I reflect on my past, I can't think of anything that's grown me more.


No comments:

Post a Comment