Saturday, January 2, 2016

Memories From My 2nd Childhood



I came across this cool looking photo with writing down the middle yesterday. I loved the synergy of the text woven with the image. A type of photo poetry. I started going through my own photos and pondering little poetic lines to deface them with.

I came across this photo I took of a ripped photo sitting in my office. I've had this ripped photo sitting around for years, and it represents the memories of this crappy little apartment I lived in in Long Beach, CA in 2007-ish with my good friend, Derek. It was an interesting time in my life. And I love that a simple memento can hold the essence of a whole era of my life.

I decided to refer to this era of my life as my 2nd childhood, approximately from when I was ages 16-25. Because the reality is I was a grown up, but I had nothing but growing up left to do. So it was a really beautiful and dark time in my life. And I thank God I got to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment