Saturday, January 2, 2016

Whats the opposite of a starving artist?

It's funny because I identify with being an artist, but because I'm no longer pursuing a specific art form to make a living at, it seems kind of weird to even refer to myself as an artist. The truth is, I absolutely love art, though. I love expressing myself in ways I would not be able to express myself otherwise. I love creating, and finding my story in a visual, or weaving my story into an experience. Blah blah blah.

I find trying to turn art into a paycheck compromises the purity of the art, though. At least for me personally. If you have to produce art to pay the bills, you have to produce art that will sell. What if I don't care if my art sells? What if I just want to crate whatever I want to create whenever I want to create it?

I guess I'm just a content artist. Not fat. Not starving. Just satisfied. And that's the way I like it.

It also doesn't hurt that being a "content" artist works as an excellent pun as well. Since content is all the rage these days in our digital age. So there you have it.

Permission granted, title claimed.

I'm a content artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment