Friday, January 18, 2013

Good right, err

A couple close friends have recently told me they think I am a good writer... which, don't worry, was a compliment that would be lucky to make it to my toes, let alone my head. 

I started thinking about what a good writer looks like; do they often times spell words twice twice on accident, and write things no one else can comprehend, and use spell check and thesauruses and dictionaries?  Are they afraid to write due to what others may think?  Is their mission ambiguous, and do they change the sub-title of their blog more than once a week?

If so, then maybe I am a good writer... like your Mom thinks your good at sports.  Either way, I think my tactic to being a "good writer", is simply subjecting myself to the process of: right?  err...  Which is to say, my thoughts are formed like a blind man collecting rocks.  I'm inquisitive of my conscientious self as I record the meanderings of my mind; like, "errr", should I change that, again?  right?  err...

No comments:

Post a Comment