Monday, January 28, 2013

Like Suckers

As I grow older I am becoming more aware of my uniqueness... my lack of tolerance for domineering types.  My passive self just can't seem to co-exist with out spoken jabber jaws.  They leave me selfless in a pool of nothingness. 

The worst part is, despite my identifying this problem, I still haven't figured out how to break free of these moments with good form.  If someone is presenting to me directly, as opposed to conversing, where I would normally be able to get a word in and be heard, how can I break free in the middle of their their life sucking rant?  Do I owe them the courtesy of informing them of the discomfort they breed?  Or do I try and do a patch job and pretend like I need to use the restroom, or something? 

Whatever the case, I typically can't think well when I'm in fire breathing range anyway.  Maybe I need to invent a button on the cell phone you can push that will make it start ringing..

No comments:

Post a Comment