Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sustainable Pure Vocation

I've often found action that comes from a pure place is tough to sustain.  When I find something pure I enjoy doing that excites me, I want to keep doing it and turn it into a living.  Equally so, I've found that monetizing something pure I enjoyed doing takes the joy out of it, rendering is unsustainable.  I think we can love our work, it just needs to be work that can work for us.  I loved filming skateboarding as a kid, and thought I was meant to do that for a living, but it involved me living 2 states from home and frankly wasn't very enjoyable once it became a real business.  That work, at the end of the day, just didn't work for me.

My new policy is- like your job as much as it will let you love your life... Love what you do; without over doing it, and protect what is pure, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment