Friday, May 17, 2013

Get dressed, it's time to change the world

I have a magical tooth brush that girates rapidly upon the pushing of a button.  120 seconds it girates for.  AKA eternity.  I have been trying to increase my tooth brushing patience over the last year, but I still daily turn the water on by the 90 second mark, the build up of paste in my mouth tells me "ive had enough!", oh wait, 30 more seconds.  I suppose I can turn the water back off.  It's still an annoying unnatural thing for me, to brush my teeth for 120 seconds 2 times a day, but I find I feel better about myself when I do.  I find I feel better in general when I do a number of little things, when I:

Make my bed in the morning.
Pick up after my self (putting dirty clothes in the hamper, putting dishes in the dishwasher, not leaving dirty dishes in my room is a big one).
Keeping my desk organized (reasonably).
Keeping my desktop organized (reasonably).
Waking up at a specific time.
Getting out of bed.
Getting dressed (I've had days where I stayed in my pajamas for hours and I really don't think it's a moral booster).
Starting my day on paper.  If it looks good on paper, then I'll probably feel good about it at the end of the day.  Once I've written out my to do list for the day and prioritized it, then all I have to do is what the paper says.

I feel like most of these little things have to do with appearance, keeping things clear and structured.  I've always thought a clean space makes for a clear mind.  And with a clear mind we can focus, and focus is what changes the world.  So get dressed already, it's time to change the world.