Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Looking over the lanes

Human-less thus far, my day has been.  I have been up for over 5 hours, and I have not seen one human yet today.  A bizarre occurrence when you live with 6 other people in the city. 

My business has seen its first symptoms of success after seven and a half months.

For the first time in a while, I'm not thinking- what may I need to sell this month.

I like that feeling, and the relinquishing of that thought. 

I bought a book today.  My business bought a book today.

I sat on this slow computer realizing I have a business that has money, now.

I hope it can endure.  The money I make is determined by what I spend, both financially and mentally.  It has been mostly mental, thus far.  It's weird to have some options; to have my business buy my self a book to teach myself to learn how to better run my business.

I used to always think running a business would be common sense.  I also used to run track, where running meant circles.  Good exercise isn't always productive. 

I suppose the better of a business "runner" you become, the less you actually run.  Running is time consuming, tiring, and limiting.  A good business has multiple people and systems to do the running.  That's what keeps the business healthy.  Not the business running itself, but the proper entities within the business running the right races in order to run themselves, thus giving the illusion of the business running its self.

I don't necessarily know exactly what my "right race" to run is, yet, but sitting home alone working, in this new found state of breath, I believe I am on the right track.  Just looking over the lanes is all, just looking over the lanes.