Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Reflective Dreamer

My subconscious ambitions
talk a big game
and think big thoughts
but really I know-
My passion will rot.

I'm accepting of simplicity
who typically brings his friend mediocrity.

After me-
they'll never name a city.

That's OK.

Even if I'm never great,
I still wont require pity.
It really wont be a shame,
for shams are only unseen
and unsettling.
But as long as I've got you,
the way I see it,
My baseline is beyond leveling.

Sure it would be great,
being famous and/or rich,
but I know this life's a funny thing,
to no matter what you amount-
to the ditch we all surely dismount.

Even the most seemingly most wondrous of us,
at the end of the game aren't any different than us.

Maybe my Mona Lisa
is friday nights on the couch
with you eating pizza.
Or maybe my King James
will be playing baby games.

It's all the same
inside my mind-
 Maybe some day I'll tell me,
if I ever get done testing time.