Sunday, February 16, 2014

Car Wash Rhythm

Thin blue ballerinas surround me, swooshing back and forth in perfect rhythm.
I am at peace.

I feel safe as the soap storm drowns my vessel.  
I do nothing, but somehow, so much is happening all around me.
So much is being accomplished.

Leaning back in my leather seat meditating on the sounds of soapy clockwork, somehow, I myself feel a sense of accomplishment.  A fulfilling peace.  I feel a glimpse of my futures aspirations, where effectiveness and results dance around me in synchronicity.  I do nothing, but somehow, everything is happening because of me.

As the monsoon ensues, washing my soapy thoughts away, I see the flashing "ready" light approaching.  The readiness asks me more questions than I know answers.

They say the most common regret among those on their death bed is not living a life that was true to themselves.  Will I share such regret?  The flashing "ready" light asks me more questions than I know answers.  The light flashes green with the word "go".  I rejoice.  Not because I have answers, but because at the end of it all, the cleansing has happened regardless.


No comments:

Post a Comment