Friday, February 21, 2014

Those Lines

I love those lines... 
The lines that wake you up when you didn't even know you were sleeping.
The ones that you instantly re-read; 
giving them a mental double-take, as if they were a mirage too good to be true. 

Those lines that stand out, like a single sun beam on a grey day.
They suddenly become illuminated right there on the page.
The ones that just don't feel right for the whole world to not know.
The ones that leave a circle on your mind like that of a tree line.


Here was one of mine:

"The eye with which I see God
Is the very same eye with which God sees me."
-Meister Eckhart

I remember how impactful that line once was.
Even if the feeling is only a memory.

I love those lines.
Lines worthy of lives, of life, of eyes, wonder, and inhalation.
Lines that cause you to reflect as you lye.
Lines sweeter than a lullaby.

I love those lines.
The ones that have changed time,
altered minds,
and the ones we have yet to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment