Sunday, December 29, 2013

Confessions of a Rookie Blogger

Been trying to fancy up my blog.
And by fancy I mean simple and functional.
Like a picture frame.  Nothing fancy there.
Sure makes a difference, though, doesn't it?

Frankly, I don't even like the word "blog".
It sounds so new and cheap.   
 
The motto of every blog













It should be called a, "blahhhg."
That would sound more fitting, and you could make a little up-chuck noise as you pronounced it.
"BLAHHHHHHHG!"



Too much new and cheap stuff these days.
New, new, new.
Stuff, stuff, stuff.
We're being overrun by wal-mart's and Blahhhhgs.
That's why I'm drawn to weathered warriors; like record players and film projectors.
Although, I am writing this on my blog, and I did buy my record player at Wal-Mart, so I guess I better not throw the first stone in that battle.

I've been looking at the writers I respect.
Guys like Seth Godin, Robert Fulghum, Donald Miller.
Their sites look nice.
They paid the $10 a year.
They also sold books first.
I haven't even written a book yet.
I'm still learning the rules of writing, but I reckon there's an order of operations.

I added a "published works" tab to my blog.
I hope people don't look at it, though.
I hope they just see the tab, and they'll be like, "Dang, this guys legit."
If they click on it, I'm screwed, though.
Or if they read this post.

It's almost as if I want to be caught.
"No, just transparent", I reason with myself.
I'm not a criminal or a self saboteur, I just like to be transparent with my words.
It's my way of going streaking, if you will.
Clothes on, truths out. 
Written word streaking, "what a rush."

So my super important and secret published works; I wrote in 2 skateboard magazines in my past life.
Woopidy do da.
Hey, I got paid, and I am technically published, so I'll take it.

Starting with what I have and going from there.
Blahhg's and past life accomplishment's.
It's a start, & often times that's the hardest part.
At least it was the last time I mustered up the courage to jump on the dance floor.
And if writing can be like streaking, then I suppose it can be like dancing, too.
You just have to start, let loose, and not worry about looking stupid.

"Boom!"
I think I just streak moon walked past you on my Blahhhhg.

No comments:

Post a Comment