Friday, December 27, 2013

Nothing to Say

They say I have nothing worth saying.
I say, worth has nothing to do with it.

Worth is a relative value, and -
it's up to me what I value.
It's up to you what you value.

I feel so consumed by content.
Facebook, TV, books, magazines, advertisements, he said, she said, music, shows, plays...
Everyone is competing for attention..
How could I possibly have something to say?

No.  That's not it at all.



It's not a competition.
It's a ceremony.

My life, is a ceremony.
The day I was born,
the season I lived in a van,
the day I spoke at me best friends funeral,
from the kisses to my Mrs., 
and the day I will have children,
and the day I will die.

I don't care what Little Wayne said,
or what was on the cover of Cosmo.

It's OK if you do.
But my life is not defined by those things,
and they're as relevant to me as dinosaurs are while I'm flossing my teeth.

We have our own radars and environments for a reason.
We were birthed by a certain woman in a specific place at a certain time for a reason.

Our reasons may differ,
Our shared paths may disintegrate,
Our commonalities will pass,

But that doesn't mean none of it meant anything.
Because, if any of this means anything,
it all means something.
My strengths and developing mind mean something.

And that's beautiful, regardless if I know what that is.

That's the life I will get out of bed for, fight for, love for, and die for.
That's a ceremonial life.
A life that matters.
Even if I have nothing to say today.
I'm OK with that.

I'm not defined by my words,
not even these ones.
yet they matter,
lest we don't.







No comments:

Post a Comment